photo of anna karina.
1. You're a human.
(A beautiful one!)
2. I will have peaks and troughs. -- Repeat this to yourself.
Stop giving into that silly (false) idea that you should always be improving. And that if you aren't, you're a failure. It's natural to have creative dry spells. (Just means a flood is coming.)
3. Because whoever you are, in this moment -- you can change, and you will. You are becoming yourself.
4. Because your best friend believes in you.
5. Everything has a start.
6. Because the right criticism can make you better. And as for the wrong criticism -- it's just an opportunity to surprise them.
7. Look at your hands. Look at how astonishing they are! Sometimes, the best remedy is just to be.
8. Stop judging yourself against a ledger of what you've done. And dream, instead, of what you can do.
9. And, if you must judge yourself on these terms, remember: there was once a time when you couldn't walk, even crawl, or speak. Whatever it is -- there's a way.
10. Did I mention you're spectacular, wonderful, smart, miraculous, lovely, good? You are.